Nope. I didn’t do it this time. Tossing my perfectionistic leanings recklessly aside, I go… without a pun in the title of a post. And why might you ask? A few reasons…
1. I haven’t posted anything on this blog since November 6th.
2. Wednesday is anti-procrastination day.
3. And because, frankly, I can’t think of anything cute enough to include in the title.
I’m not sure where anti-procrastination day came about- perhaps Fly Lady, perhaps one of the myriad self-improvement articles I’ve read- who knows. But it has stayed with me, and gratefully for the past few months, I have been crossing off items from the ever-growing “TO DO LIST” each Wednesday.
Let me be clear. It’s not as ambitious as it sounds. But you know the feeling of finally doing something you’ve been meaning to do for ages and just haven’t gotten around to it? Well, that’s what I remind myself of as I undertake the daunting task of slowly becoming less and less of a slacker. So today, after paying a couple of bills and sending out some very overdue emails, I decided to post something to this blog! So here’s a quick catch-up on what’s happened in the past… um… 19 weeks:
1. I got married to the best guy in the world on November 15th. That was great. We had a ball.
2. For our honeymoon, we took a road trip to San Diego, and had a fabulous time.
3. Holidays ensued- good times had by all.
4. We fixed up our little house (and by “we”, I mean Brett) and put it up for rent.
5. We packed up our stuff and moved to Kentucky in January.
6. Brett began school at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville.
7. We moved into a 107 year-old house in February.
6. We announced that we’re pregnant to everyone in early March. (I’m 15 weeks and due September 15th- feeling a little better now, starting to show- blah blah blah).
So there it is. All on one convenient, east to read post. And you can see how easy it would be not to post something my blog, especially if there really isn’t much to talk about. Or, in my case, too much to talk about and I like to talk so I didn’t know where to begin, OR if it would ever end.
But now it’s done. I’ve posted something! And now the sleepless nights, the brutal pangs of guilt– all gone in the flash! Thank you, Wednesday, for being anti-procrastination day.
So I encourage you to cross something old off of your to do list today, my friends and potential slackers… and I’ll try to check in again sometime soon… hopefully before our child begins walking or something…
… but whenever I post again, it just might be on a Wednesday.